This award is about providing facial massage and skin care services to clients, that incudes client consultation, recognising contra-indications, preparing for the services, and providing a treatment plan.
You will learn how to perform a professional facial skin care service, that includes cleansing and toning the face, including the eye area, neck and décolleté, perform suitable facial massage techniques, selecting and using the appropriate skin care products, and complete with professional aftercare and homecare advice. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Fluent in English Language
- 2 Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment Days
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and an assignment for these units – they are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 4 case studies is a practical assessment to complete, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
LAAcademy deliver a range of Level 2 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon completion, you will achieve a Level 2 Provide Facial Massage and Skin Care qualification enabling you to work as a qualified basic facialist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin types and conditions
- Recognising common skin contraindications
- Basic facial treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Recognise and select facial salon use and retail skin care products to meet client needs
- Perform basic facial services
- Provide after care and home care advice
- Add the Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting unit
- Study full Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- basic skin care kit?
- Professional beauty uniform £25
- VTCT Lifetime Registration fee (if applicable) £16.00; Plus, VTCT qualification fee £35.00