This award is about caring for the feet, and it includes general foot health, enhancement of the appearance of feet and nails, general foot hygiene and relaxation techniques.
You will learn about general foot health, and how to perform a basic professional pedicure to enhance the appearance of feet and nails, general foot hygiene and relaxation techniques.
The professional Pedicure service includes using skin and cuticle conditioning treatments, foot and lower leg massage, then complete with a suitable nail finish (including practice with a dark enamel and French technique).
Also, how to use a selection of luxury Pedicure treatments such as paraffin wax, foot masks, salt scrubs and thermal boots. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Fluent in English Language
- 1 Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment Days
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and an assignment for these units – they are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 4 case studies is a practical assessment to complete, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
LAAcademy deliver a range of Level 2 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon completion, you will achieve a Level 2 Award in Foot Care qualification enabling you to work as a qualified pedicurist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin and nail conditions
- Recognising common skin and nail contraindications
- Pedicure treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Perform professional basic and luxury Pedicure services
- Optional add-on gel polish
- Add the Manicure unit
- Study full Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- £275; (including the £50 deposit);
- a basic pedicure kit;
- Professional beauty uniform £25;
- VTCT Lifetime Registration fee (if applicable) £16.00; and
- VTCT qualification fee £35.00