This course covers and is an introduction into the world of professional depilatory waxing techniques to remove unwanted hair without causing problems with skin’s condition, using a variety of depilatory waxing products. The course includes client consultation, recognising contra-indications, preparing for the services, and providing a treatment plan.
You will learn how to perform a professional depilatory waxing service, that includes examining and cleansing the area, perform the appropriate skin preparation, selecting and using the appropriate depilatory waxing products, application and removal of the depilatory wax, then complete with professional after care and home care advice. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices throughout the service.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Fluent in English Language
- 2 Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment Days
Mode of Study –
Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and assignments for these units – which are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided with a two-week gap to allow for practice of the service, and there are 8 case studies is a practical assessment to complete depending on the course you choose, as well as a final theory and practical assessment for each unit.
Learning Aesthetics Academy delivers a range of Level 2 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon the successful completion of this course, you will achieve a VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation enabling you work as a qualified, assistant skin care therapist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the skin and hair
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin and hair conditions
- Recognising common skin and hair contraindications
- Depilatory waxing treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Familiarity with a variety of depilatory waxing products and their use
- Perform depilatory waxing services
- Perform after care and provide home care advice
- Study full Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Optional add-on Level 3 Award in Advanced (Intimate) Waxing Techniques (Female)