This certificate is about providing professional Manicure and Pedicure services to clients, that includes client consultation techniques, recognising contra-indications, developing treatment plans, then preparing and providing professional services.
You will learn how to perform professional manicure and pedicure services, that includes filling and buffing the nails, using skin and cuticle treatments, relaxing massage of the limbs, and complete with a suitable nail finish (including practice with a dark enamel and French technique).
Also, a selection of luxury treatments including hand and foot masks, exfoliation, salt scrubs, electric mitts and booties, warm oil and paraffin wax treatments. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Fluent in English Language
- 2 Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment Days
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and an assignment for these units – they are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 6 case studies is a practical assessment to complete, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
LA Academy deliver a range of Level 2 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon completion, you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Nail Treatments qualification enabling you to work as a qualified manicurist and pedicurist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin and nail conditions
- Recognising common skin and nail contraindications
- Basic manicure treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Basic pedicure treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Perform basic and luxury professional manicure and pedicure services
- Provide after care and home care advice, and retail product knowledge
- Optional add-on gel nail
- Study full Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Add Artificial Nail Extensions to work as Nail Technician