This award is about providing manicure services to clients, that includes client consultation, recognising contra-indications, preparing for the services, and providing a treatment plan.
You will learn how to perform a basic professional manicure service, that includes filling and buffing the nails, using skin and cuticle treatments, hand and lower arm massage and complete with a suitable nail finish (including practice with a dark enamel and French techniques). Plus, a selection of luxury treatments including hand masks, exfoliation, electric mitts, warm oil and paraffin wax treatments. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Fluent in English Language
- 1 Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment Days
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and an assignment for these units – they are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 4 case studies is a practical assessment to complete, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
LA Academy deliver a range of Level 2 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon completion, you will achieve a Level 2 Provide Manicure Treatments qualification enabling you to work as a qualified manicurist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin and nail conditions
- Recognising common skin and nail contraindications
- Basic manicure treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Perform basic and luxury manicure services
- Optional add-on gel nail
- Add the Pedicure unit
- Study full Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Add Artificial Nail Extensions to work as Nail Technician
- £275 including a basic manicure kit?
- Professional beauty uniform £25
- VTCT Lifetime Registration fee (if applicable) £16.00; Plus, VTCT qualification fee £35.00