This certificate is about providing intimate female waxing, such as the Hollywood or the Brazilian, that has been a fashionable and popular trend over the last few years, and continues to be.
Advanced professional waxing techniques will enable you to offer these popular services that is a must for all beauty therapists who wish to expand their skills to offer within the salon or spa. The course will introduce you to using a variety of depilatory waxing products, that includes client consultation, recognising contra-indications, hygienic preparing for the services, providing a treatment plan with after care and home care advice.
You will learn how to perform a professional hot and warm depilatory waxing services on the extended and intimate bikini line areas, that includes examining and cleansing the area, perform the appropriate skin preparation, selecting and using the appropriate depilatory waxing products, application and removal of the depilatory wax, then complete with professional after care and home care advice. You will also need to carry out effective client care and health, safety and hygienic working practices throughout the service.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Level 2 Diploma/Certificate in Beauty Therapy or Award in Wax Depilation
- Fluent in English Language
- 1 Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment Days
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and an assignment for these units – they are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 4 case studies is a practical assessment to complete, as well as final theory and practical exams for each unit.
LA Academy deliver a range of Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon completion, you will achieve a Level 3 Award in Advanced (Intimate) Waxing techniques (Female) qualification enabling you to work and be insured to perform advanced waxing services.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin and general conditions
- Recognising common skin and general contraindications
- Wax depilation treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Perform hot and warm (strip/stripless) wax depilation services
- Study full Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Add Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Epilation
- Study full Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)