This certificate is about providing an electrolysis service to clients, the only permanent hair removal method at present. It includes a thorough client consultation, recognising contra-indications, preparing for the services, and providing a treatment plan to meet the client’s needs, that includes the selection of either short-wave diathermy/thermolysis, electrolysis or a blend of both, whilst understanding their use.
You will learn how to perform a professional electrolysis service, that includes description of the treatment procedure and discussing realistic outcomes, preparation of the equipment and correct needle type and size, skin area preparation, perform the selected technique, selecting and using the appropriate settings, and complete with professional aftercare and homecare advice. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Level 2 or Level 3 in Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 in Depilatory Waxing
- Level 3 in Nursing
- Fluent in English Language
- 5 Days or 10 x ½ Days Training
- Home Study
- Theory and Practical Assessment
Mode of Study –
Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and assignments for these units – which are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 6 case studies in a practical assessment to complete depending on the course you choose, as well as a final theory and practical exam the unit. Additional assessment time can be purchased to ensure a successful completion of this course, if required.
Learning Aesthetics Academy delivers a range of Level 2 and 3 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon the successful completion of this course, you will achieve a VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Epilation you work as a qualified electrologist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising common skin types and conditions
- Recognising common skin contraindications
- Electrolysis treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Application, benefits and use of the electrical epilation equipment: Thermolysis, Galvanic, and the Blend of both
- Familiarity with a variety of pre-treatment and aftercare products and their use
- Perform electrolysis services
- Familiarity with the post-treatment skin healing process and skin reactions
It is advisable to discuss your further training needs with one of our Course Advisors or your Course Tutor, who will guide you to make the right choices for you.
- Study full Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 4 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (according to already attained qualifications)
- Optional add-on units:
- Level 4 Award in Skin Blemish Removal
- Level 4 Award/Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Hair Removal
- Level 4 Award/Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 3 – Award in Advanced (Intimate) Waxing Techniques (Female)
- Level 2 – Apply sun tanning techniques
- Level 2 – Providing ear piercing
• Basic epilation starter kit
• Professional beauty uniform from £25
• VTCT assessment registration and logbook fee £62
• VTCT Lifetime Registration fee (if applicable) £16.00
- Student membership to obtain insurance cover whilst training and performing case studies £25 with ABT (You will be provided with a list of Student Membership/Insurance cover providers to select from)