This certificate is about providing facial electrotherapy and skin care services to clients, that incudes client consultation, recognising contra-indications, preparing for the services, and providing a treatment plan.
You will learn how to perform a professional facial skin care service, that includes accurate skin diagnosis and treatment planning, electrotherapy equipment selection, preparing the skin with cleansing and toning the face, including the eye area, neck and décolleté, selecting and using the appropriate skin care products, apply the electrotherapy and complete with professional aftercare and homecare advice. You will also need to carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices along side outstanding client care.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Full Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification or Award in Facial Massage and Skincare
- Fluent in English Language
• 2½ Days or 5 x ½ Days Training
• Home Study
• Theory and Practical Assessment
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and assignments for these units – which are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are 6 case studies is a practical assessment to complete, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
LAAcademy delivers a range of Level 2, 3 and 4 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon the successful completion of this course, you will achieve a VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Facial Electrotherapy you work enabling you to work as a qualified skin care therapist.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Recognising skin types and conditions
- Recognising skin contraindications
- Application, benefits & use of the following facial electrotherapies:
- Vacuum Suction
- High Frequency
- Galvanic (Desincrustation and Iontophoresis), and
- Facial treatment planning with variations for different client needs
- Familiarity with a variety of skin care products and their use
- Perform facial electrotherapy services
- Recognise contra-actions, perform corrective action, where essential
- Provide after care and home care advice
It is advisable to discuss your further training needs with one of our Course Advisors or your Course Tutor, who will guide you to make the right choices for you.
- Study full Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Body Massage (according to already attained qualifications)
- Other Level 2 certificates and awards
- Optional add-on units:
- Level 3 – Certificate in Micro-dermabrasion
- Level 2 – Apply sun tanning techniques
- Level 2 – Providing ear piercing
• Basic skin care starter kit
• Professional beauty uniform from £25
• VTCT assessment registration and logbook fee £40
• VTCT Lifetime Registration fee (if applicable) £16.00