This certificate is one of the most popular beauty therapy services offered to clients, that includes client ‘meet and greet’ at reception, client consultation, recognising contra-indications, preparing treatment area, products and client for the service, and providing a comprehensive treatment plan.
You will learn how to perform professional Swedish body massage techniques and gain an understanding of anatomy and physiology, product selection, application and removal of massage mediums, and completing with professional after care and home care advice, noted on the consultation card. Throughout each service you will also need to exhibit personal presentation, and carry out effective health, safety and hygienic working practices.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DURATION
- PROGRESS TO
- START DATES
- Full Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification or equivalent
- Fluent in English Language
• 2 Days Training
• Home Study
• Theory and Practical Assessment
Mode of Study – Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, and assignments for these units – which are studied prior to booking onto practical days. The practical training session will be booked once all required e-learning elements are completed, on the dates provided. There are a range of case studies for each skill area that work towards practical assessments that have to be completed, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
LAAcademy delivers a range of Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 in Beauty or Holistic Therapy qualifications. They have been designed and developed as courses that have flexibility to fit in with your life and family commitments. Upon the successful completion of this course, you will achieve a VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Body Massage enabling you to work as a qualified massage therapist in a salon, spa or clinic.
- Health, safety and security practices
- Anatomy and physiology
- Relevant client care and communication techniques
- Provide Swedish body massage
- Perform facial electrotherapy
- Perform body electrotherapy
- Provide hot stone massage
- Provide Indian head massage
- Provide electrical epilation
- Perform salon reception duties
- Study full Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Diploma in Massage Therapy
- Optional add-on units:
o Level 3 – Certificate in Stones Therapy
o Level 3 – Certificate in Indian Head Massage
o Level 3 – Certificate in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy
o Level 2 – Apply sun tanning techniques
• Basic massage starter kit
• Professional beauty uniform from £25
• VTCT assessment registration and logbook fee £ 45.00
• VTCT Lifetime Registration fee (if applicable) £16.00